Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

July 4th just so happens to be my mother's best friends birthday. 


Happy Birthday Diana!  

Diana was throwing a - go ahead and guess, yes - a BBQ. It was the perfect excuse to make a few dozen cupcakes and give a Pinterest pin I saw a try.  

The Inspiration: Flag Fruit Cupcakes
As good as the blueberries and strawberries looked,  I decided to go without the fresh fruit since it was over 95 degrees out!  I kept my ingredients simple and turned to good ol' Duncan Hines.  No, I was not about to make cupcakes from scratch - don't judge - everyone loves boxed cake! Besides, I have never baked cupcakes from scratch before, shhhhhh




  • Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix paired with Cream Cheese Frosting  
  • Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix & Vanilla Frosting
  • Red & Blue Sprinkles
  • Coconut Flakes


4th of July Cupcake Flag

I wanted to use 50 cupcakes but it just didn't work out. It came out close enough though, 48 cupcakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment